KIDZ - Baby Shop & Kids Store WordPress WooCommerce Theme
Amazing Fast and Simple. Easy to Use.
- created: 15 October 2016
- latest update: 2 November 2018
- version: 2.3
- by: Park of Ideas
You can install this WordPress theme using two installation methods:
Using kidz.zip found in ZIP file you downloaded from ThemeForest.com you should perform the following steps:
Using kidz directory found inside of kidz.zip file located inside ZIP file you downloaded from ThemeForest.com you should perform the following steps:
After you click Import Demo button you should choose one of 5 demo to Import the content and theme options.
You can open Import Demo page from WP Dashboard → Appearance → Import Demo Content as well.
Click All data checkbox and Import attachments, after that click Import and wait several minutes while demo content importing.
After importing Demo Content go to WP Dashboard → Appearance → Customize and start customizing theme.
To customize how your website looks, including background color and accent color navigate to WP Customize Panel → Colors
You can fill website background with image, navigate to WP Customize Panel → Background image and upload image and choose options you need.
Navigate to WP Customize Panel → Fonts and set fonts for titles of your website.
Choose logo type between Center or Left.
Choose between 3 types of search: Fullscreen (ajax), Popup (ajax) and Popup (without ajax)
Choose arrows type between Minimal and Normal
Edit your navigation menu through the "Appearance → Menus" options.
If you want to activate Mega Menu you should choose how many columns
do you want in Submenu Type dropdown list.
Choose the icon for the top level menu item
or upload custom icon (PNG, JPG or even SVG)
You can use Top menu in the top header panel of your website.
Choose and start editing "Top menu".
After you create the top menu, check "Top menu"
box at the bottom and save.
Navigate to WP Customize Panel → Homepage Settings and choose A static page option and select the page to make it the Homepage of your website.
Go to WP Customize Panel → Front Page Builder.
Here you can switch on/off and drag&drop different front page blocks, such as Slider, Banners, Posts etc.
You should add banners here: WP admin → Banners
Add title, featured image, price, button text, button link and accent color and your banner is ready. Save it and add more banners.
You can use only images in these banners, without any texts and button. Just leave fields Price and Button text empty and check the Hide title box.
Use this block if you want to show tabs with Featured, On Sale,
Bestsellers and Latest products.
On the Customizing panel you can switch on / off, drag&drop
and rename each of these tab.
Video How to set Featured products
Set the time of Product newness to show NEW badge in WP Customize Panel → WooCommerce → Kidz Settings.
Use this block to show your brands carousel.
You should add brands here: WP admin → Brands
Upload the image and set the URL to link your brand.
Use these block for blog posts listing.
Choose the category you want to show here, background color and number of posts.
Use these block for show reviews or testimonials.
You should create some reviews here: WP admin → Reviews
This block is great for SEO! Write the unique optimized text and put it into the page, you choose as a front page for your website.
Use this block for any HTML code you want.
Use this block for any shortcode from any WordPress plugins you use in your website. It can be the map or contact form or gallery or whatever you want.
This block works with MaiChimp plugin. First you should link this plugin with your MailChimp account. After that put shortcode into the field.
You can also set header and background color for this block.
You can choose from two design options of this block - inside container.
To create a new page, navigate to WP Dashboard → Pages → Add New
You can enter a page title and add content.
You have the option of choosing Full Width page layout via the drop-down menu on the right titled "Template"
To setup the main blog page/archive, navigate to WP Customize Panel → Homepage Settings in the WordPress admin and follow the steps below:
To create a new post, navigate to WP Dashboard → Posts → Add New
You can enter a page title, add content, upload the featured image (thumbnail), choose linked category and put some tags
You can hide or show different elements of blog posts such as Date, Category, Author info etc.
Choose the style of mobile product list.
To customize the footer please navigate to WP Customize Panel → Footer Settings
Theme comes with two custom widgets:
The example of product page advantages widget (you can also see it on the demo):
Use this options to improve speed of your website.
Navigate to WP Customize Panel → Performance and check all 3 checkboxes.
Kidz Theme is translation and multi-lingual ready.
You can translate Kidz theme using two methods:
1. Loco translate Plugin
2. PO Edit application:
To translate the static strings, we recommend to download PO Edit application from http://www.poedit.net/. Once you have installed please follow the steps below:
There are a couple of different ways to update Kidz WordPress themes to the latest version:
Once installed, activated, and setup, the Envato Market plugin will display a notice in your WordPress dashboard when an update is available.
Version 2.4.2 – February 06, 2019
1. Tweak: Options to change Mega menu font added.
2. Some minor bugs fixed.
Version 2.4 – February 04, 2019
1. Tweak: Video slider added.
2. Some minor bugs fixed.
Version 2.3.1 – January 24, 2019
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.5.4 template updates.
2. Fix: Problem with loading images in product tabs fixed.
Version 2.3 – January 18, 2019
1. Tweak: Mobile menu updated.
2. Tweak: Option to change base color added.
3. Tweak: Lazy loading images added.
Version 2.2.2 – January 1, 2019
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.5.3 template updates.
2. Tweak: Option to display star rating in product preview added.
3. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes.
Version 2.2.1 – November 1, 2018
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.5.1 template updates.
2. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes.
Version 2.2 – October 31, 2018
1. Tweak: Russian localization added.
2. Tweak: SVG Support for your media library.
3. Tweak: Menu optimized for long items.
4. Fix: Theme updating issue fixed.
Version 2.1 – October 29, 2018
1. Tweak: RTL support.
Version 2.0 – October 27, 2018
1. Front Page Builder added.
2. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.5 template updates.
3. Tweak: 4 new demo added.
4. Some minor bugs fixes.
Version 1.5.1 – October 3, 2018
1. Tweak: AJAX-search improved, 3 view options added.
2. Tweak: Plus/Minus quantity buttons added.
3. Tweak: PageSpeed re-optimized.
4. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes
Version 1.5 – September 29, 2018
1. Tweak: Added boxed page layout.
2. Tweak: Added two compact product view in mobile version.
3. Tweak: New sub-category design.
4. Fix: Relevancy in ajax-search.
5. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes
Version 1.4.10 – August 10, 2018
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.4.4 template updates.
Version 1.4.9 – June 11, 2018
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.4.1 template updates.
Version 1.4.8 – March 23, 2018
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.3.4 template updates.
Version 1.4.7 – February 09, 2018
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.3.1 template updates.
Version 1.4.6 – January 22, 2018
1. Fix: Stock status issue
Version 1.4.5 – January 20, 2018
1. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes
Version 1.4.4 – October 20, 2017
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.2.1 template updates.
2. Fix: Ajax search
Version 1.4.3 – July 18, 2017
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.1.1 template updates.
2. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes
Version 1.4.2 – April 17, 2017
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.0.3 template updates.
2. Fix: Open Sans font loading.
Version 1.4.1 – April 13, 2017
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.0.2 template updates.
Version 1.4 – April 12, 2017
1. Tweak: WooCommerce 3.0.1 template updates.
2. Tweak: Page Speed optimization.
3. Tweak: Google Font Selector.
4. Translation: Updated all translation files.
5. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes
Version 1.3 – January 17, 2017
1. Fix: Selecting variation of variable products in Quickview
2. Fix: Using translation files in child theme
3. Fix: Style of woocommerce shortcodes
4. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes
5. Tweak: Added Big logo option that increase logo size
6. Tweak: Added changing banners during scrolling in mobile version
7. Tweak: Added WPML support
8. Tweak: Added Advantages widget
9. Tweak: Added Second and third level in category menu
10. Tweak: Added sidebar to product page
11. Tweak: Added sidebar to product page
12. Tweak: Improve One Click Import
13. Tweak: Added Mega menu.
Version 1.2 – November 21, 2016
1. Tweak: Added Second Color Accent for buttons
2. Tweak: Added possibility for useing up to 12 icons in sticky menu
3. Fix: Some minor bugs fixes
Version 1.1 – November 18, 2016
1. Tweak: Added new demo (kids clothes shop)
2. Tweak: Added second font option for titles with Cyrillic support
3. Tweak: Added boxed (not full width) slider option
4. Tweak: Some minor slider improvements
5. Fix: Wishlist icon bug in Firefox browser fixed